One of the most interesting complete sets of safe locks is a safe with a mechanical combination lock. These types of safes are quite common. They are used in private apartments, offices, in hotels. One of the main advantages of such a safe is its reliability and durability. To quickly access documents or valuables stored in a safe, it is important to understand how to open a combination lock safe. This article describes the principle of operation of combination lock safes and gives brief instructions on how to open combination lock safes.
How Do Combination Lock Safes Work?
There are three disks; for example, the first one is A, the second one is B, and the third one is C, on each of which there is a notch called a shutter. If you press the handle, the rod (sometimes called the fence) hits these three dials; then, the rod slides into the slots if the three gates are positioned correctly. Finally, it allows the handle to move far enough to remove the lock from the door so the safe can be opened.
The dial is directly controlled by the C disk (sometimes called the drive wheel) outside of the lock. It would help if you turned it clockwise (CW) or counterclockwise (CCW), and then you could control the C disk. Each disc has a raised plastic tab, and when the disks are placed next to each other, the disk can move freely about 350 degrees until its raised tongue touches the tongue on the next disk and begins to move it.
If you turn disk C a full turn, the tongue will touch the tongue on disk B and begin to rotate it. Similarly, disk B has a tab on the opposite side of the disk that will touch the tab of disk A. You need to turn the disk far enough, and then disk C will lift and start turning disk B, which will lift and start turning A. Thus, all three disks will open, and thesafe will open itself.
How to open a Combination Lock Safe
1. Unlocking a 3-Wheel Combination Safe
- Turn the dial to the left after the 1st digit 3 times, then stop at the digit.
- Turn the dial to the right after the 2nd number 2 times, then stop at the number.
- Turn the dial to the left after the 3rd digit 1 time, then stop at the digit. Slowly turn the disc to the right until it stops. When the disk stops, you will hear the safe unlocking. Now you can open the safe door.
2. Unlocking a 4-Wheel Combination Safe
- Turn the dial to the right after the 1st digit 4 times, then stop at the digit.
- Turn the dial to the left after the 2nd digit 3 times, then stop at the digit. Rotate the disk to the left.
- Turn the dial to the right after the 3rd digit 2 times, then stop at this digit. Turn the dial to the right and enter the 3rd number of the combination twice.
- Turn the dial to the left after the 4th digit 1 time, then stop at the digit. Turn the dial to the left and pass the last digit in the combination only 1 time. Be careful with the last combo number so as not to miss it more than once!
Founded in 2009, AIFEIBAO has more than 13 years of safe manufacturing experience in the safety field. AIFEIBAO is a reliable manufacturer and supplier of safe deposit boxes. We use ingenuity and dedication to provide partners with world-class products and services. We produce such types of safes, like cabinet safes, luxury safes, economic safes, hotel safes, and others. AIFEIBAO provides world-class products to many partners. Learn more about the reliable protection of AIFEIBAO safes! Contact us for more details!